Development and Communications Director
NewVue Communities is seeking a Development and Communications Director to help expand upon our robust foundation of relationships and take our fundraising to the next level. This full-time salaried position will report to the Executive Director and the right candidate will join a strong team of professionals dedicated to building great neighborhoods in North Central Massachusetts.
About NewVue Communities
NewVue Communities is the leading non-profit housing developer in North Central Massachusetts and has been serving residents in communities from Athol to Harvard for forty years. Through our four program lines–community organizing, homeownership and financial services, small business technical assistance, and real estate development—we work with community members of diverse incomes and backgrounds to develop quality housing, create economic opportunities, and foster civic engagement in 22 cities and towns.
With offices in downtown Fitchburg, NewVue Communities has a staff of thirteen and an annual operating budget of approximately $1.2 million dollars. We are a chartered member of the national NeighborWorks America network. We are also one of the key partners in the Re-Imagine North of Main initiative, a collaboration working to transform Fitchburg’s North of Main neighborhood into a community where residents want to live, work and invest. The Agency has been the recipient of numerous awards including MassInc’s innovation award and Massachusetts Housing Investment Corporation’s Excellence Award for Affordable Housing.
Currently the Agency is working on the transformation of the former BF Brown School into 62 units of mixed-income artist housing; launching a new pilot program to renovate abandoned buildings and make them affordable homes in Athol, Clinton, Fitchburg, Gardner and Leominster; educating people on achieving their financial dreams including homeownership; helping people to start and maintain small businesses; and training new community leaders.
About the Position
The Development and Communications Director will plan, implement and evaluate the Agency’s resource development and communication activities in order to generate the financial resources needed to successfully meet the Agency’s mission. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and has a special focus on building donor relationships. The Development and Communications Director will also work on a team with the Chief Financial Officer, the Program Officer, the System Administrator and Evaluation Coordinator and NewVue’s real estate department to raise funds through grant writing.
Development Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement an annual strategic resource development plan for the Agency
- Research, identify and cultivate foundation, corporate, community and individual donors with a focus on promoting the Agency’s Community Investment Tax Credits.
- Direct the grant application process. Work with the Program Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and System Administrator and Evaluation Coordinator to prepare and submit funding proposals and applications.
- Work with NewVue’s System Administrator and Evaluation Coordinator to maintain a robust donor database.
- Staff and develop the Agency’s Resource Development Committee.
- Oversee the Agency direct appeal, social media and board fundraising initiatives.
Communication Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the annual meeting and other special events that help raise the Agency’s profile and funding.
- Manage the Agency’s public relations and marketing channels including the Agency’s publications, web site and social media.
- Perform other reasonable tasks as required
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, results-oriented strategic thinker with strengths in networking, relationship building and communication. They will have many of the following skills and qualifications:
- B.A. and a minimum of five years of demonstrated success in resource development work, master’s degree preferred.
- Deep understanding and appreciation for the Agency’s mission and programs.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills. Must be sensitive to the needs of low- and moderate-income persons yet confident connecting with major donors.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written required. Ability to craft persuading and compelling messages.
- Command using technology and social media. Experience with digital design and content platforms preferred.
- Demonstrated success in event planning.
- Ability to serve in a fast-paced, deadline driven role.
- Spanish speaking, reading and writing a plus.
The Selection Process
NewVue Communities provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: NewVue Communities Search Committee, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
NewVue Communities offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Applications will be reviewed and acknowledged as they are received.