NewVue Communities uses a holistic approach to stabilizing neighborhoods includes promoting:
- neighborhood leadership and civic engagement
- affordable housing development
- homeownership and
- small business development
A diverse volunteer board of fifteen directors governs NewVue Communities. There are also a number of standing committees: Real Estate Development, Economic Development, Personnel and Finance, Resource Development, Neighborhood Revitalization. The committees are vehicles for community participation and leadership development. They keep NewVue’s decision-making authority in the hands of the community.
Our Vision, Mission and Core Values
NewVue Communities is a membership organization led by the diverse resident and business communities in North Central Massachusetts.
We envision healthy neighborhoods where residents choose to live, work and invest.
Led by community members of diverse incomes and backgrounds, we develop quality housing, create economic opportunities, and foster civic engagement in North Central Massachusetts.
Excellence. We promote a results-driven culture that creates exceptional service, experiences and outcomes.
Community. We recognize that the community always comes first, and this value drives our policies and practices.
Accountability. We hold ourselves to the highest standards.
Empowerment. We harness the collective power of residents in our neighborhoods and properties so that together we can accomplish our dreams.
Leadership. We are a catalyst for change in the community by being innovative, thoughtful, and proactive.
- To serve the people who live in our region, and to be led by them;
- To listen, but also to act;
- To be a center for intellectual capital;
- To serve as an economic developer for those forgotten by our economy, and to be a champion of small businesses;
- To work in partnership with residents, federal, state and local government, businesses and other non-profit agencies to address challenges or seize opportunities where we can add value
- To be an expert not just in housing, but in homes, those places that are not just where we sleep at night, but places where we live.
For the next five years, three strategies will guide our work. Each strategy has key methods and actions outlined in order to implement our plan.
NewVue Communities was founded in 1979 as the Cleghorn Neighborhood Development Corporation (CNDC). CNDC expanded its territory in 1985 to encompass all of Fitchburg and again in 1995 to include its “twin city” of Leominster.
In 2015, we changed our name from Twin Cities Development Corporation to NewVue Communities to reflect a new regional focus.
Since inception, the NewVue Communities has focused on economic development strategies, adding affordable housing and in recent years, community organizing, to more effectively harness the energy and voice of the community.