JOIN US – BE A PART OF OUR SUCCESS
NewVue Communities is driven by talented, team-oriented people that work, with passion, to fulfill our mission: to develop quality housing, create economic opportunities, and foster civic engagement in North Central Massachusetts.
Are you one of those individuals? If so, please feel free to submit your resume to our Human Resources Department for future consideration and we will contact you should an appropriate opportunity arise. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CURRENT AVAILABLE POSITIONS: (May, 2017)
NewVue Communities is a leading non-profit housing developer in North Central Massachusetts. In November 2015, the Agency changed its name from the Twin Cities Community Development Corporation and enlarged its footprint from the cities of Fitchburg and Leominster to all of North Central Massachusetts, from Athol to Harvard.
The Agency’s Mission and Vision: NewVue Communities is led by community members of diverse incomes and backgrounds. We develop quality housing, create economic opportunities, and foster civic engagement in North Central Massachusetts. We envision healthy neighborhoods where residents choose to live, work and invest.
NewVue Communities serves the entire region, with a particular focus on expanding to new communities beyond Fitchburg and Leominster. NewVue Communities continues to build great neighborhoods, focusing on the North of Main Neighborhood in Fitchburg in a partnership with ReImagine North of Main. The Agency continues to invest resources so that it can lead and innovate.
NewVue Communities has a staff of fourteen, and an annual operating budget of over one million dollars. The Agency has a strong development pipeline with ninety apartments (including about 50 in North of Main) in pre-development. The Agency is an affiliate of Neighborworks America and has been the recipient of numerous awards including MassInc.’s Innovation Award and Massachusetts Housing Investment Corporation’s Excellence Award for Affordable Housing.
ReImagine North of Main
Re-Imagine North of Main is in the coalition that was formed in the City of Fitchburg after it won one of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston’s Working Cities Challenge awards. The objective of the coalition is to make the North of Main a great place to live, work and invest. Key Stakeholders in the coalition include the City of Fitchburg, Fitchburg State University, Montachusett Opportunity Council, and NewVue Communities. The coalition has another 35 members as well. In addition to funding from the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, the coalition has also received funding from the Health Foundation of Central Massachusetts. This position will work closely with ReImagine North of Main.
This position is a new position to help market the North of Main Neighborhood in Fitchburg. North of Main is one of the poorest and most diverse neighborhood in North Central Massachusetts. It includes downtown Fitchburg, Fitchburg State University, the Fitchburg Art Museum and many municipal and cultural resources. NewVue Communities, as part of ReImagine North of Main, commissioned a study to help market the neighborhood. Mike Schubert of Chicago, created a marketing plan to market this neighborhood. He has successfully worked with many other organizations through out the country and has taught multiple trainings for Neighborworks America in this area.
The plan has broad community support from residents, investors, realtors, lenders, city officials and key stakeholders such as the University and the Fitchburg Art Museum. The plan created a new tagline for North of Main as “a Gateway to arts and culture”
Key Objectives for this position include:
- Better image and a stronger identity for the neighborhood (both from current residents and outside perception);
- More confidence in the future of the neighborhood;
- More homeownership;
- Better investors buying more investment property;
- More community engagement;
- Visible improvements; and
- Stronger identity
The fundamental responsibility is to implement the marketing plan including:
- Build relationships and access to the target markets;
- Acquire a detailed knowledge of the housing market and the neighborhood;
- Coordinate marketing efforts with residents and stakeholders; including:
- Managing relationships among the Reimagine North of Main partners, and lenders, investors, and realtors
- Coordinate with NewVue Communities organizing team and other residents to engage resident in ReImagine North of Main.
- Coordinate real estate market management including influencing investment decisions by home buyers and responsible investors by coordinating and organizing the realtor group, the investor group, the lender group; specifically by
- developing target markets (identify the target market and identifying a winning message),
- market North of Main to those who are interested in purchasing a home (particularly small multi-family homes), with a special focus on those taking NewVue Communities first time homebuyer education class);
- serving as a resource to the investor group and helping to connect individual investors to properties for sale;
- serving as a resource to the realtor group to keep them informed of positive changes in North of Main;
- Identifying the best 3-5 key buildings for sale the top 3-5 potential purchasers;
- Work with the Chief Operating Officer and a group of lenders to develop a new loan fund and successfully deploy it.
- Coordinate development of a marketing platform including the preparation of marketing materials; including a neighborhood logo, content for a neighborhood website design, a brochure about the features and benefits of the neighborhood, a neighborhood tour, an e-newsletter, as well as other opportunities that may arise.
- Communicate success of marketing efforts;
- Coordinate with ReImagine North of Main and NewVue Communities and key departments and stakeholders within those groups with an eye toward engaging them in the effort to improve the image of North of Main; and
- Coordinate with the new Neighborhood Action Plan
To accomplish this, the ideal candidate will have:
- Integrate diverse events into a meaningful whole;
- See connections and build relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Construct a narrative around the improvement of the neighborhood;
- Communicate in different ways to different audiences;
- Knowledge of real estate transactions;
- Ability to understand residential real estate market and financing;
- Bias toward action;
- Ability to work independently and envision next steps;
- Preferably a master’s degree in urban planning, real estate finance;
- A. with experience in marketing community development or equivalent;
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish preferred.
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer of NewVue Communities.
Submit a resume and cover letter describing your experience to: Hiring Manager: NewVue Communities at email@example.com.
No letters or phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed and acknowledged when received. NewVue Communities seeks to fill this position in the spring of 2017.